- Greenhouse Harvest
- Set up Harvest API key
- Set up Webhooks
Set up Harvest API Key
⚠️ You must be a Greenhouse administrator to create an API key ⚠️ You must have the develop panel enabled by Greenhouse (submit a ticket if not)
eqtble requires a Read-Only API key. See the Greenhouse docs for more info.
To create a new API key
- To begin, click the Configure icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Navigate to Dev Center on the left-hand panel. ⚠️ If you do not see this, you need to be given developer permissions from a Greenhouse admin
- From the Dev Center page, click API Credential Management. ⚠️ If this option does not appear, you will need to request from Greenhouse Support to turn on API management for your company
- From the API Credential Management page, click Create New API Key to generate the API key.
- In the Create New Credential dialog box, make the following selections:
- API Type: Harvest API
- Partner: eqtble
- Description: API
- Click Create
- Save the API key in a secure location (we recommend saving it to your password manager)
⚠️ This will need to be shared with us - please make sure you save it
- Click I have stored the API Key
- For each entity under Manage API Key Permissions, select all
- Securely share the API key in one of two ways:
- Share via your company’s secure password manager
- Have us initiate an encrypted email to share
Set up Webhooks
We are adding webhooks so eqtble can start capturing application, candidate process, and offer history.
Information We’ll Need
- Endpoint URL
- This will be provided by eqtble once we have received the API key
- Secret Key (this is the Harvest API Key that we saved in the previous steps)
- Naming The Webhooks
- For every webhook - just add eq_ in front
- Example: application created will be named eqt_application_created
Enabling a Webhook
Click the Configure icon in the upper right corner of the page and navigate to Dev Center on the left panel. ⚠️ If you do not see this, you need to be given developer permissions from a Greenhouse admin
Click Web Hooks on the Dev Center page. ⚠️ If you do not see this, you will need to reach out to Greenhouse Support to have Web Hooks turned on for your company
Click Web Hooks from the next page.
Fill in the following fields for the webhook:
Name this web hook: If the webhook is application created you can name the webhook eq_application_created
When: The event in Greenhouse Recruiting that will cause the webhook to activate.
Endpoint URL: noted above.
Secret Key: noted above.
Error recipient email: you can leave this blank - we will be notified of errors if it doesn’t work.
Click Create Web hook to complete the webhook setup.
Repeat steps 1-5 for the following events:
CANDIDATE STAGE CHANGED
JOB POST DELETED
JOB STAGE DELETED
When you create a new webhook, Greenhouse Recruiting sends a ping to your endpoint to verify that the connection is working. If this ping is accepted successfully, the endpoint will be created.
If the ping is unsuccessful, Greenhouse Recruiting will save the configurations but disable the webhook.
If the webhook is disabled because the endpoint ping failed, edit the web hook’s configuration and fix the error. To re-enable the webhook to try again, change the Disabled? section to No and click Update Web hook.
Did we miss something? Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.